Muhlenberg College is a warm, welcoming and vibrant community situated in Allentown, Pennsylvania, which is conveniently located just 90 miles from New York City and 60 miles from Philadelphia. Our 2,200 students choose from over 45 academically rigorous majors and minors (many of whom will ultimately graduate with double majors), actively learn and research with our hands-on faculty and are passionately involved in the campus community and beyond!
- Our visitors immediately sense the strong sense of community and strong connections among our students, faculty and staff. Even at the busiest times on academic row (often between classes), our community members greet one another, hold doors for each other and take time to connect. Our community is one in which you will feel like you matter--because you do!
- The Class of 2020 is our second most diverse ever. 18.2% of our first-year students are ethnically or internationally diverse. Our campus is also one of the most religiously diverse in the nation and is a supportive and inclusive environment in which we celebrate and embrace many faith traditions.
- Muhlenberg Students are inspired by an invested and dynamic faculty. Our faculty loves their students and they act like it every day through their collaborations in labs, in studios and in interactive classes.
- It’s not uncommon to see students and faculty grabbing a cup of coffee at Java Joe’s or eating lunch together in the dining hall. 71% of our classes have fewer than 20 students which makes professors readily accessible to our students.
- At Muhlenberg, you can be involved in research and performance in collaboration with faculty mentors early in your Muhlenberg career. In fact, support from outside foundations and college-supported research stipends and an interactive faculty help to make it all possible.
- Our students are empowered to make real things happen at Muhlenberg, both within academic and co-curricular life. Students are able to impact and implement changes that matter to them. Students’ perspectives are represented at every level of college decision making.
- 112 student organizations make it easy to become involved and meet other students. Whether you’d like to join community outreach and social justice work, sing in an a capella group, become a member of campus Greek life or have a political debate – there is something for everyone!
- A Division III school, we offer 22 competitive varsity sports for men and women, as well as club sports and intramurals. Muhlenberg athletes are well-rounded individuals, participating in other areas of campus life as well as top-notch academic programs.
- Over 50% of our students study abroad during their time at Muhlenberg. With over 160 accredited programs to choose from, students are taking advantage of traveling the world and bringing their knowledge and experiences back to campus.
- Students apply their knowledge through an amazing internship, job or shadowing opportunity. The Muhlenberg Network helps pair students with alumni and members of our community that can empower students to think outside of the classroom.
- Alumni love their Muhlenberg experience. Search firm Wallace and Washburn found that 96% of alumni are happy to be Muhlenberg graduates. This is an astonishing ten percent higher than the firm has found at any other institution!
- Our students are succeeding. With strong pre-professional program affiliations and preparation, Muhlenberg students are well-prepared (oftentimes better prepared) to continue their studies after graduation. 92% of students who have applied to medical school, veterinary medical school and dental school in the last five years have been accepted!
- 81% of our students graduate in four years, and 86% graduate in 6 years. This is well above the national average for private colleges (53% and 65%, respectively).
- Interviews are highly recommended for first-year applicants because it allows us to get to know you better, understand your talents and plans and convey your story through the admissions process. As admissions counselors, it’s one of our favorite parts of admissions work.
- We also offer campus tours, so take a student-guided tour of our beautiful campus and see for yourself who and what make Muhlenberg a special place to be.
- To schedule a visit with us, please contact our admissions reception desk at 484-664-3200.
We hope to see you at Muhlenberg soon!
Melissa W. Falk
Dean of Admission and Financial Aid